Landry’s True Colors Series Book Club Discussion Questions for at Home Learning

​For teachers/parents/grandparents/guardians: As schools are closed down now for social isolation, I thought I’d share some of the group activities I do with readers at presentations and book events. Normally I do these as presentations where I share info and the students or readers can ask questions. Usually the questions tend to be about my personal experiences that inspired the book, so I adjusted the usual presentation and questions so they can work for discussions at home with an adult or even if your child wants to do this with friends online. There are also writing exercises that can be shared or used as journaling prompts. These tend to be great ways to discuss what’s going on at school and it can be helpful to have the adults share their own experiences along with them.

Since I often have preteens, teens, and younger kids in the mix, these questions and prompts can be used for different ages. Sometimes younger siblings attend events and I had a teacher’s helper suggest that the younger kids can draw pictures instead of doing the writing exercises, so they can be included as well. Usually the readers for the Landry’s True Colors Series are around ages 10 and up. Landry is in 8th grade, but kids like to “read up” age-wise.

I will have different sets of questions up on the blog each week and all the links will be on this page if you miss any. If you have any topics or questions you’d like to share, feel free to message me through my contact page on the site.

Session One: www.krystenlindsay.com/blog/introduction-1st-session-of-the-landrys-true-colors-series-worksheets

Session Two: www.krystenlindsay.com/blog/2nd-session-of-the-landrys-true-colors-series-worksheets

Session Three: www.krystenlindsay.com/blog/true-colors-worksheets-session-3

Session Four: www.krystenlindsay.com/blog/true-colors-book-discussion-worksheets-session-4

Session Five: www.krystenlindsay.com/blog/true-colors-reading-worksheet-session-5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship