Best Friends...Forever? is on sale for 99 cents for a limited time and you can pick up True Colors for 99 cents, too! This award winning middle school series is close to my heart and perfect for preteens and young teens. 

You can find the book here:
Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CH4WVM

I'm doing reading guide sessions for the entire Landry's True Colors Series. We're still on Book 1, but we'll be starting Best Friends...Forever? soon. You can find the info here:
https://www.krystenlindsay.com/teacherparentbook-club-guide.html

Excerpt from Best Friends...Forever?:

I got ready for bed and then stopped to check my social media page one more time and that's when I saw it — another picture of Peyton, India, and Devon hanging out. They were sitting on the couch with their heads scrunched close together and laughing. It was a cute picture, but then I saw the caption: So glad we could all be together for the holidays. Love these guys soooo much! Best friends forever. #Alltogether #Threemusketeers #BestFriendsForever #ThreeBestFriends #ThreesCompany.

My heart sank. It was India’s caption and anyone who read it would think what a closeknit group of friends and not realize anyone was missing from that photo. Sure, I was in another state, so naturally I couldn’t be there for it, but the way India wrote that made me feel so left out. I mean, what did she mean by the "ʺThree’s Company"ʺ hashtag? And sometimes people tagged friends who weren’t there in pictures and added, "ʺWish you were here,"ʺ but there was no mention of a fourth member of the group.

“Ready for bed, hon?” Mom asked coming into my room.

“Yeah, just signing off.”

“Okay, sleep well.”

I got into bed and hoped I was reading into things, but the knot in my stomach wouldn’t go away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friendship